Sunday, September 23, 2012

Meddybemps Review




 
I cast on Kate Lemmers new design Meddybemps on Saturday after a long debate with Deborah about what yarn to use. I had it narrowed down to Madtosh tart and Madtosh Opaline. After bossypants Deborah won the debate, I settled on Madtosh tart.

 
 
Meddybemps is knit on the bias, which means you start at the top corner of the shawl and knit both down and out. As Ive never knit a shawl on the bias, it took me quite some time to figure out which way things were going, so to speak. The repeats are easy to memorize, but never boring as there is no center stitch. The top end, or straight side forces you to pay attention to what you are doing, but once you get a hang of it, it's super easy.


 
Meddybemps is a cleverly done, quick to knit shawl that will be a great gift for a friend (or yourself). I encountered no errata at all and would give 2 addi'd up to this pretty shawl.

P.S I am still looking for our 1st place winner, #23 whimZ. Please contact me through Ravelry at atknitsendyarns. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. YOU KNIT THAT IN 1 DAY?

    Get away from me, you...knitting machine! ;)

    ReplyDelete